Monday, May 16, 2011

More on My Mind

Last night I got on my knees and prayed.  I usually pray in my bed, but I got on my knees.  I usually try and make goals when it comes dealing with God.  It is weird, but that is how I feel I am growing.  It started years ago when I said that I would tell God, thank you.  I went on by saying that I would stop asking for things and say thank you in the midst of my storms. I am now going to get on my knees.  I think it is symbolic to humbling yourself.  Lord knows I have been humbled lately.

I got an email from my mom, she sent it to me and my sister.  I wanted to call my mom, text my sister at work, and scream.  I am kind of proud that I didn't.  I simply took to the blog.  I started this blog to express what I feel like I couldn't to anyone else.  I look around my apartment and think to myself;  I have came a long way, Damn It. I don't need to get sucked into Louisiana's drama.   I remember all the crying and sadness I went through after I left my family; and the guilt they gave me for getting married and moving.  I can't go back to that little girl who wants to make things perfect for the outside world to help the damaged and violent family on the inside.  I am not perfect.  I think if I have learned anything from my friend back home and this baby thing is that I am clearly not perfect.  I should stop thinking or pretending and follow the course that is meant for me.

The truth about me is:

  • I love my husband for always wanting to be my Prince.  He was the first black man I met that asked me what can I do to make you smile? I have been smiling ever since.  
  • I really don't like my family; I love them but like I am still working on.  They never really considered my thoughts or feelings. They were too wrapped up in their relationships, problems, or complaints towards me.  I can remember inventing problems or drama just to fit into their twisted world.
  • I am so proud of where I am right now.  I could be better financially, but I know that will come. I am excited that I have a real guest room for people to go. This is the best apartment I have ever lived in.  
  • I still cry when I realize that my body is not working.  I hat this irregular cycle, taking the medicine, and being jealous of every Facebook post that one of my friends are pregnant. 
  • I am excited that my mother-on-law is coming to visit.  Isn't that weird?  


 Alright, I really need to start washing clothes and continue the job search.  I have to admit, I love working.  I can't wait to find a job where I can use my frustrations and knowledge to help someone else. Selfish? Maybe?  Again, thanks for reading/ listening.

3 comments:

  1. Just letting you know I'm reading. And trust me, Facebook doesn't get any easier. I find myself happy for people having their first child and jealous and crying when someone announces their second or third. Thinking that should be us, how is life so fair and happy for others and so unfair and inequitable for us. Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I always wonder if anyone is reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so i'ma comment just 2 let u know that...yes i am reading lol. but i think we all go through trials and tribulations but how we deal with them is what makes each person unique. wut u take out of the situations u are put in is what makes up u! i agree wit ur mom "with every dark cloud there is a silver lining". nobodies perfect! don't try 2 live up 2 wut society considers perfect....the perfect husband, white house with fence, the children and the dog! if rod makes u happy then embrace that happiness! he loves u kid r not! some people will neva get 2 experience true love so u have 1 up on them lol;).

    ReplyDelete